Ever fancied playing in the Ryder Cup?Walking in the footsteps of legends…Seve’s historic drive onto the 10th green, Sam Torrance’s famous putt that won the 1985 Ryder Cup match for the European Team or Christie O’Connor Jr’s belligerent 2 iron across the lake at the 18th? or Lee Westwood taking the challenge of the 6th hole?
This is what GM Fundraising’s GMF Cup is all about. The inaugral event took place on 20th – 24th September 2016 at ‘The Belfry’ – the venue that hosted the Ryder Cup in 1985, 1989, 1993 and most famously 2002 – and raised £27, 847.
Two teams of twelve took part in the competition held over three days on the world-famous Brabazon Course, which offers keen golfers a chance to test their skills over the tight fairways, perilous bunkers, lakes and fast undulating greens that have challenged some of the game’s greatest. Here’s a video from the event: https://youtu.be/9nWb0_HkHqw
Every last detail has been considered to replicate the famous battle between the USA and Europe – we will even be dining in the same rooms as the USA and European teams used each evening, enjoying the finest food and wine The Belfry has to offer.
Some of the Highlights:
- 3 match-play rounds on the Brabazon Course
- A non-playing captain for each team
- Personal PGA approved caddie
- Team Chaperones
- Top quality branded clothing for each match days
- On course refreshments
- Up to the second scorecards in team and individual formats
- 4 nights exclusive accommodation
- Full English breakfast
- Spa Facilities throughout your stay
- Dinner & wine each evening in one of the Ryder Cup team rooms
- Presentation dinner on Saturday evening for yourself and partner
- Automatic qualification to attend the rematch in 2 years in Southern Europe or USA
- Additional sponsorship opportunities
- And, of course, 4 days of great company, good humour and competitive banter!
To register your interest for future GMF Cup events email email@example.com
If you’d like to take part in one of our future events, send us your details and we’ll be in touch. It will be great to have you on board!